Campus Career Connect (herein referred to as “C3”) is a closed on-line community provided by Partners for Youth with Disabilities, Inc. (herein referred to as “PYD”) and its partners for the primary purpose of e-mentoring. The purpose of this agreement is to promote the safe and effective use of C3 for its intended purpose.
The C3 sites and services are not directed to participants younger than 18 and are offered only to users 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 years old, please do not register for or use the C3 sites or services. Any person who provides their personal information through the C3 application process and/or use of the C3 sites or services represents to us that they are 18 years of age or older.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from C3 or any PYD program. Inappropriate usage includes:
- Viewing or creating and/or distributing offensive and/or pornographic material
- Threatening or harassing another program participant or other people encountered while online
- Plagiarizing or duplicating or distributing others’ creative or copyrighted work without permission.
- Using the C3 network or services to engage in any form of inappropriate conduct with a participant
- Engaging in abusive behavior or use of abusive language
- Creating or distributing viruses or any form of malware
- Hacking into private or secure public Internet systems
You acknowledge and agree that that you are responsible for maintaining all broadband, computer hardware, equipment and services needed to access and use C3. You further agree to not reproduce, copy, sell, or otherwise exploit any portion of or access to C3.
Violation of this usage policy will result in termination from the e-mentoring program. If the C3 sites or services, or PYD networks or websites have been used for criminal activity, PYD will report such use and cooperate with prosecuting authorities. If malware of any kind is introduced by a user, the user will be removed from the program and charged for all costs necessary to remove the malware and restore full site or network functionality.
Monitoring, Confidentiality and Reporting
- We may but have no obligation to monitor, evaluate, or alter user originated submissions before or after they appear on C3
- Communications are considered confidential, but they are not private. Email, messaging and other communications may be examined by PYD staff or designees at any time to measure compliance to this policy.
- Although every effort will be made to provide a secure environment, users should be aware that e-communications are more permanent and available to others for viewing than “hard copy”.
- Users should use caution in communicating sensitive or personal information. If you receive a message in error that was not intended for you, please notify the sender and PYD staff immediately.
- PYD may reject or require that you change any user name, password, or other information that you provide to us in registering.
- Your user name and password are specific to you and should not be given to anyone, except to a designated caretaker (if applicable) for login assistance.
- If you believe your name and or password are being used without your consent, you must notify program staff immediately.
- We may use information about how mentors and mentees use C3 to improve the quality of the program.
Posting on Forum
- While the administrators and moderators of C3 forums will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message.
- You acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, and hence PYD will not be held liable.
- You agree that PYD will not be held liable for inaccurate information posted by participants in the community.
- You agree that the administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
- You agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database.
- PYD administrators and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
PYD is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. PYD collects information from our users at several different points on our website. We strive to respect and protect the privacy of our online visitors.
We only gather personally identifiable data (such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, e-mail addresses, etc.) that are voluntarily submitted by a visitor, and we only use this data for processing applications or returning requested information. C3 visitor information is used for internal purposes only and will not be sold to third parties. E-mail addresses of visitors are never sold or exchanged.
Links to Third Party Sites
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that PYD is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.